Software Test Analyst
11000 W Lake Park Drive Milwaukee, WI 53224
Software Test Analyst
• Develops, maintains and upgrades Manual or Automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
• Perform usability testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
• Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
• Controls and manages own daily test activities.
• Provides internal quality assurance. • Supports test lead to identify risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and maintains the test script library.
1. Candidate should have good performance testing exposure.
2. Good understanding of system architecture along with technical and functional aspects is required.
3. Have ability to Identify the performance testing requirements and ability to document the performance test scenarios based on the SLAs and benchmarks.
4. Good exposure to designing, developing, executing and maintaining Performance test suites for different systems using JMeter or open source load testing tool.
5. Ability to analyze test results and provide recommendations for performance improvements.
6. Manage complete test execution along with interaction with project team, create Performance test status reports, perform test data management, collaborate with quality assurance team members, developers, infrastructure teams to conduct Performance testing.
7. Should have good attitude towards working and resolving the performance issues of a product or an application in any layers in dev or production environment.
8. Perform the root cause analysis of issues, identify bottlenecks and work with development as well as infrastructure teams in resolving them is a plus.
9. Participate in Performance engineering initiative to ensure system performance by validating stability, scalability, reliability, latency, response time etc. of different products and applications.
10. Define and document standard Performance Testing process as a part of the COE methodology.
11. Find opportunities to tune the application infrastructure for optimal performance, and assisting the development team to identify coding improvements and best practices.
12. Develop robust benchmark workloads based on production traffic patterns and design appropriately sized environments to generate load against the application under test
Bachelor’ s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Knowledge of methods, tools, and technology used in software testing
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets the needs of the client/business partner
• Knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
• Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques, and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language
• Knowledge of functions, features, and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications
• Skill in understanding and focusing on the clients’ needs
• Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
• Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
Ability to deliver results under pressure
• Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and team-building skills, working with technical and non-technical individuals
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public