Sr Systems Administrator
1900 Hotel Plaza Blvd Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Planning, deploying, and managing IT systems: Windows Servers, Hyper-V Clustering, VMWare Six, Web Servers, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 AD Integration, etc.
- Acknowledging and responding to all assigned service tickets within the SLA, and updating/closing tickets upon resolution in accordance with established ticket management procedures.
- Assuring the performance and availability of all systems for multiple sites in multiple states.
- Troubleshooting and performing break-fix tasks on all systems as needed.
- Documenting maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure as appropriate.
- Responding to needs and questions of users concerning their access to network resources.
- Establishing network users, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed, and maintaining active directory infrastructure.
- Providing support for Microsoft technologies (i.e. Windows Server DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server RDS, Windows Server 2008/2012/R2 and Windows DFS, and Windows SQL Server.)
- Providing support services for virtualization technologies: Hyper-V, and ESXi, and using best practices to implement and maintain the hardware environment.
- Monitoring the remote management system alerts & notifications and responding accordingly.
- Administering and maintaining the remote monitoring and management system: updates agent scripts, responds to alerts, and monitors dashboard and conducts a periodic system review.
- Inspecting the use of technology and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identifying the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and reporting to the Director of IT.
- Handling or assisting in equipment moves, deployment, equipment tracking, requisitions, and/or RMAs.
- Training employees on software and hardware operations and best practices from time to time.
- Communicating effectively to users and IT resources to help understand or effectively troubleshoot issues or requests as they are submitted.
- Providing support for VOIP phones, Active Directory, file & cloud sharing support, etc.
- Providing networking diagnostics and miniatous (IP networks, DNS, DHCP, routing & switching)
- Performing TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, network and related troubleshooting diagnostics and repair.
- Preparing, generating and maintaining reports or diagrams of systems and processes as needed.
- Assisting Director of IT in troubleshooting and resolving network and system problems.
- Performing other duties and tasks as assigned.
- 5+ years supporting VMWare, Microsoft Servers and networks in a multi-domain environment with steadily increasing responsibilities, preferably with a multi-office company.
- Candidates must have hands-on experience in VMWare, Active Directory, patch management and group policy implementation experience is crucial.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills.
- Ability to provide technical and organizational leadership in a team environment.
- Experienced in providing quality customer care.
- Extensive implementation experience with Cisco, Microsoft Widows AD, Exchange, NetApps and VMWare.
- Extensive expertise with SAN environments
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing Microsoft solutions.
- 5+ years minimum experience managing Windows Server
- 5+ years minimum experience managing DNS and DHCP.
- 5+ years of experience with routing protocols including OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, and MPLS.IPS/IDS
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field, and/or seven to ten years of experience in increasingly responsible network and security design and engineering positions.
- Security and/or other certifications related to core Network fields.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required (May allow for someone lacking the certification to receive it within 6 months of hire)