Sr. Desktop Support Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Fort Belvoir Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Sr. Desktop Support Engineer to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within a desktop computing and mission server environments. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment (including but not limited to servers, PCs, laptops, printers, scanners and BlackBerries) to ensure optimal performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide direct end user assistance where required.
What will help you succeed:
- Seven (7) to twelve (12) years of experience providing collaborative computing implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support.
- Expert technical knowledge of desktop hardware.
- Authoritative knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards Operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Software and hardware troubleshooting Windows 10 operation and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2013.
- Planning, organizing, facilitation and communications skills.
- Function effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Manage time efficiently, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls.
- Maintain professional demeanor under stress.
- Operate within customer standard operating procedures.
- Support and administration of SIPRNet.
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required
- Diploma from a technical or vocational school or have acquired equivalent military/DoD training
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
Security Clearance: Active Secret
- DoD Level I Information Assurance Technical (IA) (Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following) Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
- CompTIA A+ CE
- CompTIA NETWORK+ CE
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or CCNA Security
- Successful completion of one of the following Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate exams:
- Configuring Windows Devices (70-697)
- Installing and Configuring Windows 10 (70-698)