Sr. DevOps Engineer - Secret Clearance
440 Wooten Road Colorado Springs, CO 80916 US
- The DevOps Engineer leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities.
- Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics.
- Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Works under minimal direction.
As a member of the team, you will be involved in the entire development life cycle, from idea creation and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customer’s delivered system. These positions will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The PTES team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn, to mentor others, and be a part of establishing the future of our organization.
- Support Agile development teams to delivering an end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a cloud environment. Decompose complex requirements and capabilities into executable discrete user stories
- Perform Windows and Linux system administration
- Use a variety of scripting and automation technologies including bash, groovy, python, terraform, ansible, helm, docker to configure development, testing and production environments
- Employ GitOps techniques and tooling (e.g. ArgoCO, Flux, Fleet) to declaratively manage environments
- Deploy, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain kubernetes clusters (microk8s, rke2, rancher) and microservice deployments
- Deploy, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain a wide variety of CI/CD and Agile Team tooling including JFrog Artifactory, Nexus Repository, GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Confluence, Jira, and similar tools
- Perform tasks across a wide spectrum of environments include AWS, DoD Private Clouds, and on-premise data centers
- Work together with program vendors, development teams, and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration, communication and coordination skills
- Be positive with a growth mindset, embracing collaboration, challenges and ambiguity in a complex technical environment.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance.
- 7+ years of professional software development and broad engineering experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience with a backend programming language such as Python, C++, Java or C#
- 2+ years of experience with microservice architectures utilizing Kubernetes for container orchestration
- 2+ years of experience using automation tools (e.g. Docker, Terraform, and Ansible) to deploy/configure infrastructure and applications
- Experience with logging (e.g. Elasticsearch, Splunk) and performance analysis (e.g. Kibana, Grafana) tools
- Experience with Identity Management and PKI Integration
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipelines and concepts
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban software development environment utilizing the Atlassian Suite for documentation and project management
- A passion for distributed systems and microservice architectures.
- Experience with complex systems containing many integrated components.
- Experience with open-source software development experience.
- Experience with fine tuning Kubernetes and the underlying host OS for optimal performance in a low-latency environment.
- Experience troubleshooting software and network integration during platform deployments
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, and deliver quality software.
- Experience and ability to support Government security requirements and best practices for software delivery involving system accreditation
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog