Sr. DevOps/Platform Engineer - Secret Clearance
499 Boeing Boulevard Southwest Madison, AL 35756 US
A Platform Engineer on this team supports the development of a virtualized system used to support multiple types of tests and development activities on the program, utilizing modern tools such as Ansible, Terraform, vSphere, and eSXI.
Platform Engineer responsibilities:
- Develops and configures virtualization artifacts using Industry Standard tools and security recommendations.
- Rapid prototyping of a variety of virtualized systems and sub-systems.
- Write/debug PowerShell/BASH/Python scripts.
- Create, Configure, Deploy virtual machines in both Linux & Windows.
- Troubleshoot Virtual Machine security/networking configuration.
- Develop documentation detailing software and system components.
- Develop Terraform playbooks to create/destroy virtual environments.
- Develop Ansible playbooks to configure virtual systems.
- Cybersecurity IAT/IAM Level 2 Certificate or higher
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- This position requires clearing a background check and an enhanced Personal Conflict of Interest (PCI) requirements as a condition of employment.
- 3+ years of experience developing and debugging scripts in PowerShell/BASH
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform
- 3+ year experience with Virtualization technologies (Creation, Deployment, and Configuration)
- Strong understanding of physical and virtual networking
- Strong understanding of Linux and Windows configuration
- Experience configuring continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines with Git or similar version control tools
- Experience working in fully virtualized environments
- Ability to solve technical problems without step-by-step documentation
- Highly motivated to learn new skills
- Experience performing Verification and Validation (V&V) of hardware/software systems along with integration and unit testing
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage multiple activities simultaneously
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience(e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog