Sr. IT Project Manager
6113 Pershing Ave. Orlando, FL 32822
Our client is creating a new Release Management System in order manage different software development stages and computer environments while working on multiple projects in parallel. The different computer environments include code development, system testing, training, user acceptance testing, and production. The client is purchasing four new blade servers and related software in order to create the new release management system. They need a Senior Infrastructure Project Manager (PM) with extensive data center infrastructure experience to manage the server and network-related tasks required to build the new system. The Release Management Build scope of work includes the following tasks:
- Coordinate with the overall Release Management project management team and network and server team, including contractors, to plan the Release Management blade server installation, VM builds, network configurations, and changes;
- Track and monitor project resource and milestone progress; provide weekly status reports;
- Develop an infrastructure Test Plan and coordinate the testing of the servers and network changes;
- Develop a change management Communication Plan and implement, as needed;
- Ensure that the new system is monitored, either using OEM or SCOM;
- Ensure that the new Release Management infrastructure is fully documented, including disaster recovery (DR) diagrams and procedures;
- Process Footprints change management ticket requests for the server and network team, as needed; and
- Due to the 24 x 7 operation of certain systems, some work may be required after normal business hours (beyond the 7 AM – 6 PM, Mon. – Fri., timeframe).
The client has a small team of highly skilled server and network engineers that support and maintain its UNIX server, Windows server and network infrastructure. The same team also works on small to medium Information Technology (IT) projects as time permits.
The client operates two Data Centers designed to provide production, development, test, storage, backup, security, and disaster recovery capabilities. The data centers house a combination of physical UNIX servers and virtual machines running Windows and Linux. A total of 90 ESX hosts operate VMware 5.5 (vSphere Enterprise Plus), with over 800 development and production guests. Primary storage is provided by two synchronously replicated EMC Symmetrix VMAX Storage Area Network arrays (SANs) with VPLEX capability, located at each data center. Cisco network switches are utilized at both data centers and throughout the client’ s locations. All locations are connected by client-owned and maintained dark fiber. A third, smaller, computer room is maintained at another location containing ESX hosts and a smaller SAN. The data centers support a staff of approximately 1, 100, along with a number of contract staff that changes over time. Numerous staff rely on VPN connections in order to provide IT support. The client also has an expanding presence in the Cloud.
The client has five locations in the Orlando and St Cloud areas. The client supports over 1, 200 desktop, tablet, and laptop computers. Support includes trouble-shooting hardware and software, providing technical expertise, installing PC software, maintaining Active Directory, maintaining the PC inventory, patching, providing upgrades, maintaining the computer ticketing system, providing primary and secondary support, project support, and other functions