Sr. Oracle DBA
4608 Willard Ave. Bethesda, MD 20810
Responsibilities include installing/upgrading Oracle software, designing/configuring Oracle databases, monitoring, analyzing and improving database performance, detecting and troubleshooting problems, and maintaining documentation and scripts. The Oracle DBA will be responsible for both development and production environments as well as database backups. The DBA must also maintain database security to meet PCI/SOX and other security requirements and may interface with Internal Audit regarding database security.
This role will be part of a group of DBAs responsible for activities related to successfully maintaining and administering large Oracle Databases in Development, Test, Production and DR and other environments for some of key applications.
10+ years of professional experience as an Oracle DBA.
- Oracle 11g and 12c
- Oracle GoldenGate
- SQL & PL/SQL
- Grid Control
- Unix commands and shell scripting
- Excellent understanding of Database design and database optimization
- Excellent understanding of database platform and storage architecture as well as design/implementation considerations for all types of Oracle workloads
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and positive can-do attitude
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities
- Project management skills
- Process oriented approach
- Good teamwork
- Education: BS/MS - Computer or relevant Engineering discipline strongly desired