Sr. Oracle DBA
401 South College Street Charlotte, NC 28202
- Senior Database Administrator for Oracle database systems specializing in Oracle Enterprise Management administration and tuning.
- The candidate should be comfortable supporting production support and project delivery work in an 24x7 and Agile environment.
- The selected DBA will be expected to support basic administrative installation and maintenance support in addition to complex maintenance operations and delivery support.
- The candidate should be self-driven, innovative, have excellent communication skills, be dependable, be action oriented, and have effective problem-solving skills.
- Work is dynamic, broad in scope, and fast paced.
- The selected candidate will be joining a team of DBAs who are driven, open to sharing, and are tightly knit.
Bachelor' s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline and eight or more years experience as an Oracle DBA, or fifteen years experience without a degree.
Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Experience with Oracle 11/12, RAC, ASM, Data Guard, three to five years experience administering and troubleshooting OEM, experience with OEM patching/agent maintenance in a large environment, experience with OEM upgrades and installation process, experience creating dashboards and reports in APEX from OEM metrics, performance tuning, RMAN, and experience administering Oracle and UNIX.
- Highly qualified candidates have Exadata, Golden Gate, understand manual and automated patching, and have functional experience scripting with Perl and Bash/Korn.
- Good communication skills and inter-personal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to analyze business problems and opportunities.