Sr. Specialist, Infrastructure Operations
1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, FL 32819
The Infrastructure Operations Sr. Specialist (IOSS) is responsible for developing the standards of Critical Environments infrastructure and management of new infrastructure build out projects. The IOSS will be expected to be able to provide answers and make decisions at the site, at time of question for any matters that are within IO scope; these decisions should be based on experience, training and IO standards and will have a direct impact on the project, budget, infrastructure, and/or business. The IOSS will be regarded as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for space, power, cooling, cabling, security, standards and other miscellaneous areas as it pertains to Data Center, MDF/IDF/SIDF, campus fiber ring, and other areas that contain infrastructure.
- Manage power and cooling capacity and monitor environmental conditions within the DC or MDF/IDF/SIDF’ s. Management of internal and/or third party teams responsible for the support of critical mechanical, and electrical systems of the Data Centers and associated campus wide distribution hubs, IDF’ s etc. Responsible for reporting of the core infrastructure facilities. To include remediation of exceptions found in the reports. Review results from preventive maintenance inspections and escalate to IO Manager on major issues found, non-major issue should be resolved by this role
- Manage all Creative/Facilities/Planned Work projects that are associated with the enhancement, upgrading or implementation of new or existing technology solutions and environments. Management of Infrastructure which includes but not limited to inspections of installations for compliance with design requirements; reviews of vendor and/or other teams working within DC or IDF’ s for quality; and ensuring the environment meets or exceeds all industry standards that apply. Any findings out of scope the IOSS will be empowered to make decisions at the site and directing responsible party to address issue until it is within scope.
- Manage and oversee vendors, subs or internal resources in completion of IO assigned project sites. Manage the contracted vendor(s) on projects to ensure the work is being done according to spec and remediate issues as they arise. Management and assignment of vendors or in house tech team for assistance in the installation or troubleshooting of MEP or cabling matters. Be in the field as the SME enforcing the IO standards and policies on a regular basis
- Define standards for IO environments and the methods used to deliver said standards. Work with vendors and internal teams (i.e. sourcing, purchasing, EHS, legal) to develop safe practices, standardize vendor costs and mark-ups, streamline ordering process and maintain records of all work taking place on property under the IOSS scope. Work with vendors (i.e. Commscope, DDB) on new products and capabilities that fit the environment and challenges we face.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
- Experience and knowledge of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling
- Experience and knowledge of MEP standards and operations as it pertains to critical environments
- Experience and knowledge of Mission Critical Data Center Facility maintenance
- Experience and knowledge of cable management and fiber distribution standards
- Experience with code enforcement or compliance, understanding general building terms and processes
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Professional Business communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Understanding of Autodesk Navisworks, RevIT, Autocad is a plus
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. Other: Technical experience in Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is also required. Applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of BS
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CET/CEM - preferred but not required.
- 5+ Years:
- Working in Data Center environments.
- Experience and knowledge of UPS, PDU, ATS, CRAH, CRAC, Generators and HVAC principles including chilled water systems.
- Planning and installation of data center racks, cable management, copper, and fiber optic cabling.
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems and equipment