Sr. Storage Engineer (NetApp)
1 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94105
Kavaliro is seeking an extremely talented Senior Storage Engineer who has experience in cloud and virtual infrastructure, with a proficient understanding of complex storage platforms.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and intelligently, function well in a team environment, and display excellent communication skills.
This Engineer needs to be able to provide expert level 24x7 support of on-prem filers as well as AWS based filers.
- Manage the large scale storage footprint.
- Provide 24x7 support
- 1) fulfill customer service requests and deliver world-class customer service
- 2) troubleshoot and remedy reported service issues
- Collaborate to plan and execute infrastructure upgrades while ensuring 100% service up-time
- Enhance operational support processes
- Maintain design documentation, enhance operational support systems
- Review and act upon infrastructure capacity and performance trends
- Fast paced, SLA-bound service provider environment
- Breadth of technologies supported
- Operationally demanding schedule with on-call duties
- Activities are highly visible and paramount to customer satisfaction
- Five+ years’ experience as a storage engineer, preferably at an IT service provider in a heterogeneous environment
- Hands on experience architecting, supporting, provisioning and maintaining multiple Petabyte of storage (Preferably Dell-EMC and NetApp)
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- World-class customer service skills
- Automation and/or Scripting experience
- Aptitude to learn and support a multi-tenant cloud infrastructure
- Experience following ITIL best practices
- Execution of Product Development Life Cycle methodology
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- NetApp Certified Storage Administrator or equivalent
- SNIA Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE) or equivalent