Sr. Supply Chain Specialist
601 E. Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803
The Supply Chain Senior Manager is accountable for the continuous assessment, improvement, coordination, and integration of the campus/facility services into the Hospital’ s primary function. The Senior Manager provides efficient logistics in order to provide patient-related supplies, equipment, and materials used in the facility(ies). This position develops, recommends, implements, and monitors departmental budgets and is responsible to influence all annual supply expense. The Senior Manager maintains and enhances continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities. This role has budgetary and fiscal support accountability for the facility(ies).
This position is responsible for the management of supplies, negotiating prices with vendors when needed, shared responsibility of setting the facility(ies) supply budget, coordinating capital requests and purchases with Finance and departments, managing the purchase of equipment, performing supply-cost analysis, and reconciling accurate supply charges for the departments. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Proficiency in e-mail, calendar, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software (i.e.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to be highly organized and manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize without supervision
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills
• Ability to manage stress and handle challenging situations and personalities
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• In-depth knowledge of and ability to navigate the hospital’ s multiple information systems; HOST (Suncare), Cerner, EOS, ORMIS, Firstlook, and Intranet
• Current knowledge of medical terminology
• Knowledge of Inventory Control concepts, Par Optimization and Par Excellence
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Administration or related field
• 5-7 years’ supply management or related experience
• 5-7 years’ supervisory or managerial experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Master’ s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, or Management Information Systems, Healthcare Administration or related field
• 5-7 years’ previous materials management or healthcare experience
• 5-7 years’ healthcare-related managerial experience
• Experience in Lean Process Improvement methodologies and application to supply chain management
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Certification in Lean Process Improvement (issued by an organization such as the American Society for Quality)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Appropriately and effectively manages the Supply Chain Department and the team that supports the supply chain and materials management roles. Builds capabilities by coaching, developing, evaluating and mentoring others. Provides the education, training and resources needed for the team to perform its duties as required. Ensures that the staff adhere to the Hospital’ s policies and procedures, and the standards of all accrediting and legal bodies.
• May manage and oversee all patient charging functions of supplies. Ensures that department item catalog maintenance is maintained. Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of unit price file information and update of departmental charge sheets, working with the management team on price file issues, and cost-per-case analysis. Performs audits to ensure charges are captured. Resolves issues related to incorrect charges in a timely manner. Ensures timely entry of charges.
• Maintains high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment. Meets with Leadership and department managers to review monthly budget cost analysis and supply requests.
• Ensures the continuous implementation of process improvement in supply chain initiatives for the facility(ies).
• Oversees capital purchases, rentals and equipment purchases/rentals. Negotiates with vendors for best pricing and ensures proper approval process is completed. Provides tracking documentation for purchases, rentals, repairs and loaners per guidelines.
• Responsible for financial reports, development of operational budgets and cost analysis for areas of responsibility. Prepares appropriate financial materials and supporting documentation required internally or externally to assist with supply chain decision-making. Creates ad hoc reports for cost-of-supply improvements and budget analysis. Influences implementation of supply initiatives across the facility(ies).
• Ensures all facility(ies) supplies have appropriate item and price file numbers. Acts as a liaison between departments regarding order, cost center discrepancies, and various materials management issues.
• Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, is aware of and controls hazards that may endanger patients, visitors and employees, and identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team.