Sr. Systems Administrator
200 Celebration Place Celebration, FL 34747
THE POSITION IS WITHIN THE DCL IT ORGANIZATION AS PART OF THE DELIVERY/SUPPORT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS TEAM WHICH MEETS BUSINESS DELIVERY EXPECTATIONS, MAINTAINS PORTFOLIO CURRENCY, AND INTEGRATES BEST ENGINEERING PRACTICES.
The role is for a configuration management analyst responsible for monitoring the source control tool activities for multiple application development and sustainment initiatives and release streams. The role includes performing application builds and deployments for all production and non-production environments and support the security and compliance efforts. Liaison with all data center suppliers (ex. Server & network administrators, database administrators).
- Manage the daily tasks required to build and deploy multiple complex applications.
- Ensures 24/7 operation support and maintenance
- Support the promotion of application changes through numerous environments from development to production
- Coordinate with developers and/or vendors to review build output files and assist with any errors that arise.
- Release process expertise including the ability to analyze and recommend workflow improvements
- Responsible for documentation of existing application builds and the standardization of the build across multiple environments
- Act independently to determine methods & procedures on new assignments.
- Develop and maintain technology standards
- review, analyze and act on system log entries from various OS and application environments
- Develop and execute both database (MS SQL, Oracle) and Linux Scripting
- Working with networking technologies such as VLAN’ s, Load Balancing, server side routing, firewalls and associated troubleshooting.
- Working with Team Foundation Server.
- Retrieve and run code utilizing Build Box.
- Utilizing Apache Tomcat and Apache Web Services
- Working with Agile and Scrum, Kanban methodologies in a high paced environment
- Clearly communicate application infrastructure requirements and update requests to update disciplines within the organization.
- Working with an automation tool for continuous integration.
- Manage SSL Certificates across complex networks to ensure protection and prevent unanticipated expirations.
- Develop process documentation
- Managed projects in a matrixed organization
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Conducts and reports on impact assessments for planned configuration changes on hardware and software
- Defines and communicates change risks, contingency alternatives and associated benefits and drawbacks.
- Scrum Master certification or similar Agile and/or SDCL certifications
- Experience in cruise line operations.
- Experience with Seaware Reservation System
- Experience using monitoring tools