Sr. Telcom Specialist with Secret/SSBI clearance
asdf Ft. Belvoir, VA 22309
Kavaliro is looking for a Sr. Telecommunications Specialist to work with our client in Ft. Belvoir, VA. An active Secret/SSBI Clearance and CompTIA Security+CE certification are required.
- Provides support to the Regional Network Enterprise Center, National Capital Region - Installation Transport Center.
- Performs a wide variety of technical activities for telecommunications projects requiring experience in network infrastructure, installation procedures, and signal-transmission characteristics of telecommunications systems.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of theories and techniques associated with inside/outside fixed plant facilities.
- Sound knowledge of telecommunications electronics theories, concepts, and principles to perform the duties listed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Maintains and repairs local and long haul telecommunications circuits, networks, and systems.
- Serve as Communications Security (COMSEC) courier and hand receipt holder responsible for signing and accounting for crypto-keying material;
- Maintains inventories and controls use of keying material; troubleshoots, operates, and performs Over the Air Rekey (OTAR) and monthly key updates.
- Has experience in the installation and termination of various cable types e.g. fiber, copper.
- Engineering support and manages systems interfaces for Data Modems, Circuit Conditioning and Transmission Systems; Digital/Analog Telephone Switching Systems; Signaling, Multiplex; Data Transmission/Teleprocessing and Trunking, Fiber Optics systems and cables, copper cabling; Intercommunications and Open Wire Systems; Power Subscriber Carrier Systems; Telecommunications Circuit/Terminal Control Systems; Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) and other associated systems and circuitry
- Recommends maintenance actions needed to achieve optimum systems performance.
- Recommends appropriate modification to equipment and/or procedures based on site characteristics and operational requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required;
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- CompTIA Security+CE (Required) and a CCNA (Preferred).
- Secret/SSBI active clearance