Sr. Web Development Engineer - TS/SCI + CI Poly
2201 Seal Beach Boulevard Seal Beach, CA 90740 US
We are seeking engineers that are passionate about space and motivated to be part of a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment that supports the design, development, and implementation of software for our client's built government space products!
You will directly partner with customer counterparts and program management to deliver the highest value capabilities, performing demonstrations along the way. The role requires a creativity and you will be encouraged to automate manual processes and workflows where possible. The candidate should possess excellent communications skills and work well in a team environment to support the needs of the Integrated Product Team.
This senior position requires proven experience within the software ecosystem, a unique background of project experience, and the clear exhibition of superior judgment and decision making to engineer new solutions and capabilities. Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required!
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Develop and maintain requirements, architectures, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Write software code and integrate completed software components into a fully functional software system.
- Perform software development in the agile methodology utilizing a DevSecOps environment where you will support continuous improvement.
- Build software test procedures and environments, execute the tests and document results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Support the presentation of progress demonstrations to customer representatives and satellite program leadership.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- MUST HAVE Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related field.
- MUST HAVE Active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with Counterintelligence polygraph.
- Experience with front-end web application development
- Software development experience in a collaborative team environment using agile principles and a structured development process including code reviews and DevOps processes/tools.
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, etc.
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Experience using SonarQube and/or Coverity to manage code quality.
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies and containerized applications and frameworks (Jupyter, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm).
- Experience with Python numerical tools (numpy, scipy), GIS tools for python & map front-ends (OpenLayers/Cesium).
- Experience with databases using PostgreSQL, including Geospatial, Multi-Level Security, Alembic/migration and/or Oracle Spatial/Database Vault capabilities.
This position is expected to be a long term opportunity and will have the opportunity to convert to a full time employee between 6 - 12 months into the position. The program is expected to continue to grow to 3 Scrum Teams. This position will allow exposure to cutting edge Software Technologies deployed in concert with really interesting and impactful mission environments. This is generally fast paced environment, that allows for collaboration between teammates and direct customer.
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog