Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer - REMOTE
- Addison, TX 75001
Sr z/OS Systems Programmer – REMOTE
This position is to join our Mainframe Support Team as a Senior Z/OS Systems Programmer with focus on network systems. The successful candidate will assist the team with pending tasks necessary to transform the Mainframe systems into our next generation platform as we execute multi-year Data Center Consolidation Program. This role is a senior level member of a z/OS network system and associated network and print components team. The team supports several physical environments consisting of multiple z/OS environments/systems, including a mix of stand-alone LPARs and parallel sysplex LPARs, in a large and diverse high availability environment.
The position will include:
• Configuration and support of connectivity within the mainframe environment and external networks
• Assignments to highly visible, sensitive and critical systems.
• Gathering documentation for research and problem resolution of z/OS connectivity issues that may involve capturing and analyzing traces, dumps, and logs
• Customization, maintenance, and problem resolution for OEM or operating system network products and print solutions.
• Vendor list includes: o IBM z/OS Communication Server VTAM, TCP/IP and related components, IBM z/OS Netview, LRS print services, CA TPX Session Manager, and other vendor products
• Utilize and maintain tools such as Netview to monitor resources
• Work with Users, Clients, and Business Partners to provide connectivity or to resolve issues with the ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge.
• Customization, configuration, maintenance and problem resolution for SNA and TCPIP configurations
• Coding and problem resolution for installation exits
• Interaction and effective communication with many different groups, including application support, hardware support, operations support, and various levels of management
• Should be able to explain technical information to non-technical personnel
• Provide 24x7x365 on-call support on a rotating basis and perform other on-call duties as required.
• Able to work system maintenance/implementation windows which are generally 1 AM to 5 AM Central Time on Sunday mornings, but can be anytime during the weekend
• Work with various groups in evaluating and recommending hardware and software products
• Evaluate, estimate, and provide recommendations for new clients
• Maintain and provide documentation
• Prepare for disaster recovery and participate in recovery tests and actual disaster recovery, if declared
• Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency and provides second (2nd/3rd) level support for production issues
• Creating and modifying REXX and CLISTs
• Support of other strategic data centers, regardless of physical location of employee Minimum
• Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including a vocabulary and style which permits the conveyance of technical information clearly, concisely and unambiguously.
• Be proficient in configuration, maintenance, and diagnostics in z/OS Communication Server SNA and TCP/IP services
Candidate should have a minimum of five or more years’ experience for a senior level position in a z/OS environment
• 7+ years of experience working with the Network system side of Mainframe environments in a parallel sysplex environment
• Multiple LPAR environments • Security knowledge • Certificate knowledge • Wireshark knowledge • Policy Agent knowledge
• Encryption knowledge
• Knowledge of Project Management methods and techniques
• Knowledgeable with network monitoring and automation tools
• Knowledgeable with z/OS Unix System Services Education: College Degree or equivalent work experience.