Tax Associate II
4565 Hilton Pkwy Ste 101 Colorado Springs, CO 80907 US
Technical and Client Service Skills:
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge and keep abreast of current developments in the various tax areas.
- Prepare estimated and state income tax payments.
- Research and prepare workpapers for various books to tax differences.
- Prepare various federal and state income tax returns including trust and non-profit returns.
- Prepare various personal property tax returns.
- Prepare various other tax filings such as sales and use tax, payroll tax, and miscellaneous annual reports.
- Prepares and organizes work papers, maintains open items list, and conducts self-review of work before submission to reviewer.
- Adheres to the office administration and billing policies including entering time into the timekeeping system within the timing specified.
- Participates in the firm’s strategic planning process when requested and exhibits team spirit during firm functions, clients, and fellow employees.
- 2+ years of overall relevant experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of various business software:
- Adobe, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Desire to learn accounting software such as File Cabinet, Ultra Tax, and other software that the firm uses.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; or master’s degree in accounting or in the process.
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant (CPA) license or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog