6277 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando, FL 32821
- Ensure proper document retention and storage of filed tax returns. Assist in routing and/or processing check requests and properly routing refunds to treasury.
- Maintain Exemption Certificates, Resale Certificates for all brands as necessary
- Monitor the mailbox and distribute/respond/ store emails as necessary. Sort through tax mail (postal) and appropriately distribute. Perform printing, photocopying, scanning and email correspondences, and notices, and maintain the Tax Notice Log as necessary.
- Participate in state and local tax audits by gathering requested documentation, preparing supporting work papers and drafting responses. Updating the Audit log for items provided to auditor and upcoming deadlines.
- Assist with the renewal of tax licenses for all brands.
- Monitor the various transactional tax checklists to ensure compliance and adherence to deadlines each month.
- Prepare multijurisdictional sales, use, excise, gross receipts, and tax returns and payments with supporting schedules, reconciliations and other documentation as needed.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Business or Accounting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of various teams.
- Must be detail oriented and have good analytical skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Access)
- Experience working in a Public Accounting Tax Department or a Corporate Tax Department
- Required to make decisions regarding the correct resources to use to provide accurate tax support for tax compliance, audits, etc.
- Performs most tasks with minimal supervision
- The impact of incorrectly handling of tax information can result in significant overpayments or underpayments of company taxes, revocation of licenses, as well as Penalties and Interest