Technical Artist - AAA Gaming
Kirkland, WA 98033 US
Kavaliro has partnered with a client who is seeking an enthusiastic and highly skilled Technical Artist to join our AAA client working on one of the most exciting titles set to launch in 2024. Your role will be instrumental in bridging the gap between art and technology. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the game's artistic vision is brought to life in a technically efficient and visually breathtaking manner.
- Crafting and refining shaders and materials to achieve the desired visual effects, encompassing lighting, reflections, and special effects.
- Collaborating with designers, engineers, and artists to optimize 3D models, textures, and animations, ensuring they are rendered efficiently and meet frame rate goals.
- Developing new tools within Unreal Engine using Blueprint scripts.
- Enhancing art pipelines and workflows to streamline the creation and integration of assets into the game engine.
- Utilizing profiling tools to identify and address performance bottlenecks in the game.
- 5+ years of experience in the video game industry.
- Proficiency in software like Maya, Max, Blender, Zbrush, and texturing packages such as Substance Designer and Painter.
- Familiarity with art asset creation tools and techniques, including an understanding of graphics rendering methods, shader development, and real-time graphics.
- Knowledge of FX/animation principles, particularly with the UE's Niagara system.
- Experience in programming or scripting using Blueprints, MEL, or Python.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and game art pipelines.
- Experience with characters, cloth simulation, and dynamic bones.
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog