Technical Program Manager, Agile Delivery
1 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94105
Our Client in San Francisco is seeking a Technical Program Manager - Agile Delivery. This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity. Experience and knowledge of AWS, Cloud and DevOps is required.
About the Team:
The Engineering Practice team is responsible for defining and supporting software engineering best practices, systems, and culture. We work across the company and around the globe with engineering, product and design teams who build our products and platforms. We focus on all things agile and lean, continuous everything: continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous localization, continuous learning, and continuous improvement.
In this role, you’ ll serve as a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for the Agile Delivery Program Management Organization (APMO). You will manage and oversee all aspects of an Agile Delivery Program to help Product and Engineering teams continuously improve stakeholder management and reporting, the velocity, quality, and satisfaction of delivery team work. You will be committed to a continual process for product and performance improvements and be able to communicate with confidence, clarity, and courage. You will drive initiatives and assume ownership of a wide variety of program and portfolio tasks, processes, and deliverables. You will execute on strategic priorities that span across Cloud Platform as well as company-wide divisions and product lines, working closely with other executives and departments to drive visibility and results.
The ideal candidate must enjoy being challenged, learning-by-doing, and have excellent communication and people skills. This Technical Program Manager position will require you to work cross-functionally with engineering, product, industry, and delivery teams along with other internal stakeholders to drive progress towards program and initiative goals. You' re a great fit for this role if you' re fluent with agile, a project/program wrangler, a strong collaborator and a driver for metrics and process.
This position would be based in the San Francisco office and will report into the Head of Agile Program Management – Agile Delivery Organization.
- Ability to learn about the projects you are helping to guide in order to foster meaningful discussions and question assumptions
- Preference for collaborative work within an agile practice as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Experience managing large, complex initiatives and projects from initiation to completion
- Experience overcoming the difficulties of managing projects with remote and global team members
- Experience and/or credentialing in project management methodologies (PMM)
- 5+ years of Agile Project/Program Management experience working cross functionally within an engineering organization
- 6 + years of Program Management experience with large-scale projects ($2M+)
- Ability to balance short-term tactical decisions with long-term strategic thinking
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Strong communicator with excellent written/oral presentation skills who can represent this organization at all levels
- Ability to successfully collaborate with all functions across the entire company
- A service-oriented minded person who " Thinks Customer" first
- Lead agile planning, execution, and delivery of cross-functional initiatives; working with multiple delivery teams in a scaled environment
- Develop roadmaps and resource plans with senior management and executive teams
- Develop and maintain executive communication processes and ensure internal business partners and stakeholders across product, engineering, security, finance, operations, legal, and sales are informed
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare and present program and project status: report on key achievements, set up clear and concise reporting dashboards to be shared with key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters transparency, autonomy, innovation, and learning
- Drive for clarity to keep teams focused and moving forward
- Comfortable with balancing the tactical and strategic
- Develop strong relationships with key business leaders ensuring programs remain aligned with business priorities and outcome
- Assess operational processes to identify potential areas of conflict, and develop options to solve/improve; drive on-going process improvements to optimize execution and efficiency
- Mentor others in best practices for planning and execution; maintain high standards of communication and consistency