Technician I - Kona - Hawaii
74-5524 Kaiwi St Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 US
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Service Manager and with little or no supervision, the Technician 1 will perform duties as assigned by management in the repair, maintenance, and rebuilding of equipment in the service shop or field, in a safe, efficient, and capable manner in the least amount of labor hours necessary and without rework. The Technician 1 is required to complete work within the time frame and standards established by HPC.
- Trouble shoots mechanical problems in Caterpillar, allied products, and Ag & Turf and industrial products serviced by the service department.
- Makes warranty recommendations and prepares reports when performing warranty service jobs.
- Performs minor welding, fabrication, plumbing, and D.C. electric repairs.
- Attends training classes as directed and obtains passing grades.
- Reconditions or overhauls major components to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Recommends actions to correct failures or problems.
- Adheres strictly to HPC safety, housekeeping, credit, and other rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable business relationship with customers, suppliers, and personnel from other HPC departments.
- Handles Equipment Condition Reporting.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Drivers License with a good driving record.
- Must have PC skills.
- Must be forklift certified or able to be certified within 60 days.
- Must own hand tools that are suitable to perform the work noted above.
- At least 1 year of experience preferred.
- Walking: Moves about on foot, often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms: Operates equipment and hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps, or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Reads work tickets and parts and service books and operates heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communicates by radio, phone, and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles for extended periods.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment for extended periods.
- Lifting: Lifts up to 60lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works outside and in a shop with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Subject to foul odors, fumes, and harsh substances.
Here’s what we Offer…
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for all eligible new hire journey-level technicians
- Competitive Compensation
- A great work environment and culture
- Career growth and advancement opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Medical Video Appointments available
- Health Savings Account available
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Pay
- 401(k) Plan + Company Matching
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Legal Plan
- Travel Assistance Plan
- Wellness Programs
- Referral Bonus Program
- Longevity Bonus Program
- Recognition Programs and much more
- Hawthorne CAT discounts
- Boot Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-Supplied Uniforms
- Advanced Technical Training
- Estimated Compensation $37.11 per hour
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.avel, Machine, Machinery,
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog