Technician III - Waipahu - Oahu
94-025 Farrington Hwy Waipahu, HI 96797 US
Looking to build your future with an established, thriving company with countless opportunities for growth and advancement? You’ve come to the right place.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. That’s why at Hawthorne Machinery Co., we are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for our Tech 3 position!
Here is some of what you’ll do…
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Regional Service Manager, with little or no supervision, the Tech 3 shall perform highly skilled work in the repairing, reconditioning, testing, and adjusting of all equipment sold by Hawthorne.
- Remove, install, recondition, and repair engines. As well as make necessary adjustments on the engines and to the components in the various systems, such as water pumps, fuel pumps, turbochargers, generators, compressors, coolers, carburetors, and cylinder heads.
- Perform diagnostic tests on engines for lack of power, inability and hard to start, misfiring, overheating, excessive oil consumption, and basic tests on charging system.
- Remove, install, and make repairs and necessary adjustments on the various power train components such as torque converters, torque dividers, direct drive transmissions, power shift transmissions, oil and dry clutches, steering clutches, and brakes, final drives, differentials, transfer cases, gear boxes, and undercarriages.
- Perform diagnostic tests on power train components for overheating, operational pressure checks, and slippage.
- Remove, install, recondition, repair, and make necessary adjustments on the various hydraulic controls and components such as cylinders, pumps, valves, and hydraulic attachments.
- Perform diagnostic tests on hydraulic systems for operational pressures and flow check.
- Must be able to meet flat rate as established by Caterpillar and industry standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Drivers License with a good driving record.
- Must have PC skills.
- Must be forklift certified or able to be certified within 60 days.
- Must own hand tools that are suitable to perform the work noted above.
- At least 5 years of experience preferred.
- Walking: Moves about on foot, often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms: Operates equipment and hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps, or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Reads work tickets and parts and service books and operates heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communicates by radio, phone, and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles for extended periods.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment for extended periods.
- Lifting: Lifts up to 60lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works outside and in shop with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Subject to foul odors, fumes, and harsh substances.
Here’s what we Offer…
- Competitive Compensation
- A great work environment and culture
- Career growth and advancement opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Medical Video Appointments available
- Health Savings Account available
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Pay
- 401(k) Plan + Company Matching
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Legal Plan
- Travel Assistance Plan
- Wellness Programs
- Referral Bonus Program
- Longevity Bonus Program
- Recognition Programs and much more
- Hawthorne CAT discounts
- Boot Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-Supplied Uniforms
- Advanced Technical Training
- Estimated Compensation $45.63 per hour
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog