Telecom Engineer II
6277 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando, FL 32887
- This position provides engineering support and consultation for the design, development and implementation of technical solutions within the company’ s telephony and contact center telecommunications environments within a complex multi-location, multi-national, and multi-vendor infrastructure. The technical scope of the role includes all contact center technologies consisting of technologies such as but are not limited to contact center applications, voice systems and ancillary support systems.
- This position has knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies and VoIP/SIP call routing technologies and protocols, including TCP/IP routers, SBC’ s, servers, switches, firewalls, DNS, DHCP and Citrix Desktop deployments.
- Operational responsibilities include analyzing existing and proposed telephony and contact center telecommunication environments and applications and identifying areas of needed improvement or enhancements.
- Position provides advanced level application support and testing for system enhancements, updates, upgrades, and break/fix activities on telecommunications equipment and applications.
- This position must maintain high level understanding and knowledge of the company’ s applications, telecommunications and data system integration and must be able to understand changes needed within the environment in order to anticipate business, customer, cross-system, cross-process, and cross-project impacts. The ability to interact with vendors to locate opportunities and improvements as well as drive resolution will be frequent. Role may be assigned other tasks as required to support the overall shared services and organizational goals.
- Position will be required to carry a company issued smart phone in order to provide on-call support as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- The position is responsible to design, development, documenting and implementing contact center telephony infrastructure and application projects on time and within budget. Work closely with vendors, outside expert resources, internal technical and business resources, to evaluate and propose innovative new technologies methodologies, processes and enhancements to improve the effectiveness of the organization. Ensure interoperability between the proposed solutions and other telecommunications such as desktop, networks, security and compliance. Assist in gathering and documenting business requirements.
- The position works closely with our engineers, analysts, IT peers, outside vendors, outside expert resources, internal technical and business resources to evaluate, develop, and propose innovative new technologies, methodologies, processes, and other improvements aimed at improving the effectiveness of the organization.
- This position maintains expert level understanding and knowledge of the company’ s applications, telecommunications and data system integration and must be able to understand changes needed within the environment in order to anticipate business, customer, cross-system, cross-process, and cross-project impacts.
- Be accessible 24x7 to support the telecommunications infrastructure team to minimize the impacts of incidents, changes, upgrades, and installs on the function of the business and/or the contact center.
- Travel may be required 5% of the time. This includes travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related technical field and/or related experience with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience equivalent to the education requirement may be accepted in lieu of the education requirement.
- CCNA-Voice or CCNA-Collaboration Preferred or.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Specialist certification Preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Excellent oral and written communication skills (technical documentation and client communication)
The ability to work long hours under pressure during system outages and implementations
- Expert level Cisco UCCE software (ICM, CVP, Finesse Gadget, Cisco IP Dialer) development and deployment experience, including scripting, configuration and call routing
- Advanced level technical expertise of Cisco telecommunication systems and management of complex telecommunications environments and infrastructures.
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies and VoIP/SIP call routing technologies and protocols, including working knowledge of TCP/IP routers, SBC’ s, servers, switches, firewalls, DNS, DHCP and Citrix Desktop deployments.
- Working knowledge of SQL Query Analyzer, Cisco Route Call Detail and Termination Call Detail, Call Trace and Log Analysis
- Proven ability to perform coordination and problem isolation
- Some experience leading, mentoring and directing others.
- Five or more years of experience in the support, development and deployment of solutions within complex telecommunications environments.
- Ability to maintain Engineering service level agreement expectations.
- Serve as escalated tier to Operation Analysts for knowledge transfer and guidance on incident management.
- Works independently while maintaining service level goals and project deliverables.
- Maintain telephony systems that our contact center agents utilize to produce financial results.
- No direct reports.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by accurately forecasting project requirements and scheduling expenditures.