Tier 3 Network Engineer (Active TS/SCI)
email@example.com Hampton, VA
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Tier 3 Network Engineer to be responsible for management, performance, and upkeep of all wide area network, and campus area network services to include routers, switches, crypto, multiplexing components, network services, and other functions inherent to network management. The candidate is also responsible for the daily management of all networking devices within the agency' s Architecture.
- Provides level 2 troubleshooting and help desk support of the network at the core and remote locations.
- Completely understands the PEDS Architecture and security issues within.
- Acts as an Operations Engineer capable of working with outside agencies to resolve network related issues.
- Works with Tier III staff on optimizing CAN routers, switches, and cryptographic devices, providing recommendations for improvements to the Network.
- Manages and operates software applications at all sites required to conduct network management.
- Responds to hardware and software problems related to equipment
- Works with operations staff to optimize CAN routers, switches, and cryptographic devices and provides recommendations for improvements to the network in support of existing and new ISR sensors and capabilities.
- Installs CAN equipment at new sites, maintains documentation and drawings of all architectures.
- Advises the program office, and other organizations desiring connectivity to establish robust system engineering and practical integration solutions.
- Reviews all integration efforts to ensure engineering rigor and security practices are maintained across the agency and advise government leadership regarding any possible risks/concerns.
- Processes and implements all network service requests (NSR) and implements all security approved ports and services requests (PSR) any changes and modifications to the agency weapon system.
- Reviews requirements provided by the Program Office to determine bandwidth, performance, and Controlled Interface (CI) settings for establishing network configuration baselines and provides input back to COR or designated representative
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7 Years of network engineering and integration experience
- Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI)
- Certifications: Possess an IAT Level II certification and CCNA. CCNP may be substituted for CCNA and (4) years’ of enterprise networking experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Working knowledge of AF DCGS and AF ISR operations is desired