Tooling Engineer - Mechanical Focus (Level 2)
11411 139th Place Northeast Redmond, WA 98052 US
- Under general supervision and following established policies, the Tool Engineer performs professional assignments requiring general use and application of concepts, practices, and techniques.
- Acts in a coordinating capacity between tool design, manufacturing engineering and shops to resolve tool fabrication difficulties.
- Assists in the establishment of project tooling and equipment requirements.
- Provides advice on technical details used to develop economical and efficient type and class of project tools in order to produce acceptable. parts in compliance with manufacturing specifications and standards.
- Recommends changes to manufacturing specifications for simplification or improvement of tool designs.
- Responsible for successful tooling based on efficiency, ease and safety of operation, ease of maintenance and cost of fabrication.
- Investigates and resolves tooling problems in manufacturing areas.
- Observes tool tryouts for design suitability and recommends deviations and/or tool design changes.
- Prepares design and fabrication cost estimates, schedules of materials and manpower.
- Assists designers with problem areas and in correcting irregularities.
- Develops special tooling necessary for the fabrication, testing and material handling required to support the production of our product lines.
- May assign work to and direct less senior tool engineers and designers as required.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
- 2+ years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Mechanical Design.
- Proficiency with Unigraphics NX and/or PTC Creo.
- Proficiency with ERP Tools (SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc.).
- Familiarity with machining and fabrication processes, welding, pneumatics, hydraulics, pressure testing, vibration testing, Creo 5 or latter and NX 8.5 or latter
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog