WebSphere Commerce Developer
6100 Old Park Lane Orlando, FL 32835
The IBM WebSphere Commerce Developer will be a member of a team responsible for delivering solutions for our guests, trading partners, internal team members and business stakeholders. This position is responsible for enabling, developing, unit testing, deploying, maintaining and supporting WCS features and enhancements as well as micro services for our eCommerce platform supporting web and mobile experiences. This requires strong knowledge in eCommerce development using IBM WebSphere Commerce tools and enterprise Java programming. Additional responsibilities include mentoring other team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with technical and delivery leads, architects and external partners to determine solution scope and vision, set goals, identify and resolve issues, ensure the solution is implemented as designed and in adherence to the implementation guidelines, including security and privacy compliance
- Partners with the business and product managers to review and analyze business requirements into core system capabilities
- Assists developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and validating solutions that meet business requirements
- Prototypes new requirements for the purpose of enhancing technical functionalities and information process flow
- Develops and/or configures, builds, reviews and unit tests software/solutions
- Assists in QA efforts on tasks worked by providing input for test cases and supporting test case execution and automation
- Works directly with the product and delivery teams to provide support including the design and development of customer training materials, and conducting customer training sessions
- Mentors team members on new technologies, practices and standards in area of expertise
- Instructs and reviews the work of other commerce developers and admins on the development team
- Responsible for source code stability, code reviews and administration of source control.
- Works with Program and Enterprise teams to ensure changes are properly documented, communicated, audited, and deployed in compliance with established procedures
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability…).
- Strong knowledge of WebSphere Commerce v7.x/v8.x application development
- Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise Java technologies and frameworks
- Strong knowledge building WebSphere Commerce applications using Web Sphere Commerce Build and Deployment (WCBD) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux based administration tasks
- Strong knowledge of integration of WCBD into CI/CD process
- Hands on experience with web service technologies including SOAP, REST, WSDL and Axis is preferred
- Strong knowledge of specific Java technologies including JSP, JSTL, JDBC and JAXB is preferred
- Working knowledge of developing Micro Services using Node.js
- Strong familiarity using SVN or GIT for source code management is preferred
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Rational Application Developer is preferred
- Experience integrating IBM WBS with ticketing systems, external partners and content management systems such as Tridion
- Ability to work independently, work in a fast paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a cross functional scrum teams
- Experience in Agile Development is preferred, specifically in the digital space
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to use proven problem-solving approaches to most solutions
- Positive attitude, collaborative team player with professional demeanor
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’ s degree is required in Business, MIS preferred.
- 5-9 years of experience building and maintaining a global ecommerce platform such as IBM' s WebSphere Commerce Suite
- 5-9 years of experience developing web applications, rest services using enterprise Java technologies
- 5-9 years of experience with WAS administration is preferred
- Hospitality industry experience is preferred
- Developer certification in WebSphere Commerce is preferred
- Programmer certification in Java is preferred