Windows Desktop Technician (Public Trust Clearance)
Washington Washington, DC 20527
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Windows Desktop Technician to provide tier 1 and 2 help desk support and content management. Hands on experience with (e.g., Windows 7/10, Office Suite, SharePoint, ITIL, Service Desk/Deskside Support ServiceNow.
What you will work on:
- Comply with ITIL standards for SL1 support activities.
- Install, modify, and repair end user computer hardware and software.
- Deploy, support, and decommission, mobile end user devices.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help in a timely manner.
- Provide remote support to quickly resolve end user issues.
- Provide deskside support upon request or when remote attempts fail resolve issues.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Provide on-call support for escalation of issues and problems.
- Act as an escalation point for difficult questions or dissatisfied customers and provide a supporting role to the project by assisting in the daily operational duties of the Call Center and its staff.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to Incident Responses (IR) and Service Requests (SR) through approved channels to the Help Desk in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Ensures excellent customer service is provided and serves as an escalation point for problem resolution.
- Participate in team status, system issues, project and client review meetings.
- Coach and develop junior technicians as directed.
- Knowledge of common operating systems (e.g., Windows 7/10), applications (Office Suite, SharePoint), personal computing hardware and peripheral devices.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experienced with ITIL processes related to Service Operations.
- Ability to make sound, logical decisions with the support of knowledge base documentation and SME support.
- Aggressive sense of urgency on speed and accuracy of work.
- 4 years experience in Information Technology.
- Experience with Service desk operations in an ITIL V3 environment.
- Experience using Knowledge Management Software.
- Ability to Multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Visio and MS Office
- Self- starter and problem solver.
- Hands on experience with ServiceNow.
- ServiceNow development experience.
- Previous experience troubleshooting application-related problems.
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- Knowledge of government documentation standards.
- Experience working with Federal customers or at a Federal site.
- Associates Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 4 - 6 years of related experience.
Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements:
- Public Trust/US
- ITIL Foundations