Windows Systems Engineer - Remote
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
Windows Systems Engineer
• Windows Server Administrative experience
• Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise and compliance standards.
• Manages group policy settings related to platform security.
• Works with Patch team to separate Windows patches from configuration changes.
• Works with System Security on configuration vulnerabilities; responsible for reporting and communicating vulnerability remediation efforts.
• May participate in creating Baselines for new Windows Server OS versions.
• Must have previous hands on experience with Group Policy and Compliance
• 2 years supporting a Windows Server environment.
• Previous work experience as a Windows System administrator supporting a large enterprise.
• Support production and test environment servers (Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016) and related business applications.
• Experience in Active Directory: OUs and policy inheritance. Create and edit policy. Manage user objects.
• Management of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Operating Systems (i.e. settings, services, roles, security)
• Strong knowledge of network routing, switching and firewall policies, protocols and standards
• Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware, a plus.
• Experienced in managing 5000+ endpoints.
• Scripting experience including batch files, PowerShell.
• Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing department objectives and continuously develop and implement improved practices.
• Responsible for proper escalation, communications, and management of production system problems
• 5 or more years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
• Bachelor’ s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
• Extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
• Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
• Extensive experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
• Contact vendors for problem and incident resolution.